Sunday, April 13, 2014

General Conference!!!!

Hi family! (:
So just to catch you up on things that are going on here...
Transfers were on wednesday, we usually get the call on monday but this time we get it on tuesday and Sister Cabalquinto got transfer. I got to stay in the area where I've only been for 12 days... AND they pulled the elders our of their area and gave it to us... so now we have the whole of Sum-ag! it is quite the challenge and I am so stoked! (:
My new companion is Sister Kumar. She is Indian, and from Fiji! She is so awesome! I love her so much, we just teach so well together. (: Her and I are going to do miracles in this hard area!
You know, I don't know if I have told you all this before or not... but I seriously believe that we are only with our companions until we have given each other what they need. And that means that Sister Cabalquinto and I gave each other what we needed fast! It was hard to adjust to her, but at the end of the 12 days, I loved her with my whole heart and I didn't want her to go!
I absolutely LOVED conference! It is just too fast though.... one of the parts that I really loved was Elder Teh's talk. the one about the lady from the philippines that lost her family... I loved what she told him..."I accept everything the lord has asked me to do..." I love that. I really learned alot from her example. Sure things are hard, sure there are going to be things that I don't want to do or don't like to do, but I am going to do it. No matter what.
I also love President Packer. He is getting so old... but I love his enthusiasm. And I loved Predident Uchrdorf's talk! about gratitude. It reminded me of grandpa. He always used to tell me "Put a 'GR' in front of your attitude"
And then the one that the Lady jumped out of the semi truck to save her son. It reminded me of my dad. (:
And the one that I really enjoyed and made me think about my whole family was elder Cook's talk. I really liked his idea about having a "family Tree Gathering" and having people bring pictures and stories of our ancestors. We should do that... when I get home. start working on it! (:
I loved hearing all about the Gilbert temple dedication. (: every time it was mentioned I just couldn't hide my smile!
I am so thankful to have a living prophet on the earth today, and an active 12 apostles to guide us and to tell us the things we need to do so we can be ready for the second coming.
sorry this is short and scatterbrained.. I was just trying to type fast and quick because it is raining and there might be a brown out.... (: haha I lov eyou all
Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young
Sorry, no pictures again.... I still havent bought a new card reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment