Sunday, April 6, 2014

(: the atonement is power

So, I just want to appologize for last weeks email. I was so... depressed and angry that I had to leave silay. Yes, I still miss it, but I can tell that I am needed here in Sum-ag so desperately.

It was a painful transfer. I cried, and my heart was just... I can't really explain it in words. I would wake up and not want to work and not want to talk, and not want to do anything.... but I would get on my knees and plead with the lord to give me strength. Strength to make it through studies, then strength to make it through the day... and sometimes even while we were walking I would have to plead with him to help me have the courage, and desire to keep going when I just wanted to cry and clos up like a clam. And I would feel him put strength in my veins, and mend my heart and i would make it through the day. It was hard. And sometimes I wanted to just not ask for his help because I wanted to miss silay, but I would humble myself and ask. 

I have discovered a blessing that the Lord has given me... ever since I can remember.. but I just now realized it. He has given me the gift of Forgetting. I know that sounds really harsh, but it is so true. For example, this transfer, as I have had to rely on him solely for my strength and everything, he has also helped me Forget about silay. not to the point that it is bad, but just enough to where I can move on. so I can grow and learn in this new area. I am so thankful for that blessing. And I know that when My time is done here that I will remember and be happy and all things will be brought back to my rememberance. 

I know that I could not have moved on if it wasn't for the atonement. How grateful I am for our elder brother Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for me. He really loves me. 
I found a power scripture the other day... it is in doctrine and covenants63:20 "nevertheless he that endureth in faith and doeth my will, the same shall overcome" and it is so true. Put your faith in him, and he will do the rest.

We had a baptism on saturday, my companion's first baptism ever! and she deserved it! it was funny cause next door was the 7th day adventist church and they have sunday on saturday so we could hear them singing as we were bringing another child of god into the fold. (: 


so, I made a fool of my self the other day. (: we had zone conference and now that the borders have changed we have more elders in our zone then sisters and it is double the size. I was asked to be the chorister and here you sing the first line really fast so they know the tone and stuff and then you say "ready, sing" and then everyone starts singing. I was super nervous and the song was 241, count your many blessings. and I started it.... "count your many blessings..: but the actual words are "when upon life's billows..." and so some where singing it right and others werer not... and i was so embarassed and everyone was laughting. haha. yeah,, go sister young!!!!! ugh....but it was funny(:

We were able to watch the general womens meeting conference thing. It was such an amazing experience for 2 reasons. 1 because I could really feel the Sisterhood that we have in the church and I could feel the love of our leaders even though I am millions of miles away. and 2 because I am back in my old stake and all the people from my first area noticed me and were so happy to see me. Mind you I was only in my first area for 3 weeks... and it just reminded me how much of an affect I have on the people here. My name will forever be remembered in the pHilippines. It was special. 

I hope you all had a great time watching conference, I get to watch it this week. I am so excited. I pray for all of you daily, and I hope you feel my love for you, and Their love you you. 

Love, Your sister missionary,\
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment