Sunday, March 2, 2014

Happy March

This week has been a full one!

Last Monday we went to the ukay-ukay.. which is like a thriftstore with just mounds of cloths that you dig through and then you pay like 5 pesos for... it was so fun! My mom would love it so much! I bought a couple of things, and then went home and washed them!! haha (: fun stuff. Then Sister Delos Santos was not feeling very well so we went home and she took a little rest and I just did P-day stuff. Then at about 5 she was at the top of the stairs and I could hear her crying... She called for me and I asked what was wrong. She told me that she was in so much pain that she just wanted to die. She had a horrible tooth ache that just wouldn't go away. I had given her 3 i bee pro fin when we got home, and she said that it didn't do anything. I texted the elders and asked if it was okay if the bishop ric came to give her a blessing. THey said yes. I had no idea what to do... But we have a calamansy tree out side, and I had some honey so I heated up some water and put calamansy and honey and made her drink it... warm stuff helps pain. RIght? I gave her some more medicine and she rested until the priesthood came. During the time while we were waiting I organized and cleaned and I was able to serve my companion.. and it felt so good. I had been praying for an opportunity to serve her. I didn't want it to be like this... but it was an opportunity and I jumped on it. 

The priesthood finally came around 8:30 and gave her a blessing. For some reason I feel like Heavenly Father wasn't just speaking to her in the blessing, but to me too... It was crazy. I have never felt like that as someone else was receiving the blessing. But It was an answer to my prayers. 

Then on Tuesday we had district meeting and transfer day. Only one person from our district got transferred, our District Leader. But we all had to go into Bacolod so all the Foreign missionaries could have their pictures taken... and then off to the dentist we went. 



Let me just tell you how thankful I am that our dentist offices in america are clean, and clean, and sterile. The dentist office was about 6x6 and it was so cluttered with paper and junk and it was so gross... their was garbage all over and the tools that she used to stick into my companions mouth.. lets just say that they were probably pre-used and never cleaned except for the little cottonball that she wiped the tip with.. EW. 

Anyways, she got a filling and it hasn't been hurting her as bad. Thank goodness!

On thrusday we worked in Aidsisa. We taught one of our investigators, Gina... she works at the basurahan. which is like a garbage dump... I thnk I have told you about her before.. anyways she told us that she can't afford to come to chruch becasue she works so hard to find anything salvageable to sell from the dump and then barely has enough money to buy rice for her children because her lazy husband, who is a wonderful son of god, just stays home and drinks. he doesn't even help her. It made me so sad.  then when we went back on saturday she told us that she likes to listen to us...but that some other religion is giving her money and material needs and so she is favoring them. Which, yeah I get it... To someone who can't feed their family and who works in a basurahan i can completely understand why she would want that. The sad thing is though that I know that that is only temporaty happiness, and temporary money... what we have to offer her is eternal. It was more valuable, more precious than gold, silver, money, anything. ANd I wish that I could tell her that.. i have.. so I wish that she would just have faith and use that faith to test God. Because I know that he would provide for her. 

It just breaks my heart. All churches are good, they all have good motives. But the Difference between us and them is our gospel is for eternity, not just for here on earth. And I just don't know how to make people understand that. 

I told her that we loved her, and we woldn't be mad at her if she didn't choose us, that we would still come and visit her and share with her... but, I just want her to be able to experience eternal happiness now here on earth in the kingdom of heaven... or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. UGH!

On friday our ward had a missionary homecoming. It is weird to think that that is me... this year! The mom looked so happy and so did the whole family. 

Also on friday we got 3 packages! 2 for me and one for sister delos santos all from dad! YA HOO. Dad sent sister delos santos a bunch of chips cause she loves them, 2 journals, some pens and markers, and a teddy bear that she loves... she put it on her desk and she just cried. it was touching. I got food from dad. It was awesome! (: 






Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting. It was one that was so touching. Sheryn, one of the less actives in the ward bore her testimony. In it she told everyone how thankful she was for sister delos santos and I because she thought she was forgotten by the ward but the missionaries, us, found her and didn't forget her. Which... is kinda true. haha, we actually have never taught her, we were taeaching a family that is close to her house and she just came up one day and asked for a preisthood blessing. You see, she doesn't have a kidney... and she has been really sick, and now she has been coming to church ever since that.. And she did tell us that all she needed to come back to church was to know that we didn't forget about her, she was just shy and needed a friend. It makes me think of all the less actives in my ward at home and how much I could've done more to help them feel more welcome at church. I feel guilty that I didn't do anything to help them. 

I think more often than not what happens is we get too clickish in our wards and we don't go out of our way to friendship anyone else that doesn't have a calling... or who may not be so active in the church... it is so sad. I am totally guilty of it. Can I challenge you to "adopt a less active" and to reach out and step out of your click and establish the equality again in your individual wards? Have charity for all people.

"Unless the Saints attend their meetings, it will be hard for them to keep alive in the Gospel." -President Anthon H. Lund

I love you all. Have a great week!
Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young
Moroni 8:3(:

No comments:

Post a Comment