Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blessings from heaven!

Happy P-Day! Wow, this week went by super fast! In fact all these past couple of weeks have gone by sobra fast! I can hardly keep up! But it is so fun, and it is so....a blessing.

Just to let you all know how my morning went.... we were having personal study and all of a sudden I heard this screaming... and squealing... and it was going on for about 30 minutes so I finally asked my companion what it was... and she told me, "kaluoy, sister Young." with basically means... its miserable... wanna know what was happening? Our neighbor was slaughtering his pigs. but its not like you would imagine... they don't "insta-kill" it to put it out of its misery before they start chopping it.... they chop it and make it suffer to death... it was the most horrific sound... and mental picture ever... and then i couldnt focus..... haha. happy p-day!

Last P-day after emailing we went to This cool tourist place with a giant bamboo bridge... it was probably 1km or more longer. it was so old and it was breaking and it was scary, but it was a fun adventure. I really enjoyed it. We got to see the ocean and it was just a fun time. 

Tuesday we had exchanges and I learned a new word.... are you ready for it?
Nakakapagpapagabag it means 'bothered' in tagalog. I still can't say it right. 

Wednesday was my nine month mark... we didn't reallydo much cause my companion was sick, but we had a family home evening and it was fun! I met a little boy that wanted to take a picture with me, his name is Arjan, and he is 8. (: He was cute, but sadly he isn't in school, so when I asked him to write his name for me, he told me he doesn't know how. It was sad, but he came to our family home evening that night! haha (: it was fun!

On saturday Erica was baptized. It was such a good baptism even if it did start an hour late... her mom came, and her mom is not a member and we only have taught her once... but it was a good experience!  I am so happy for her!!!!!! 

Yesterday there was another typhoon... there was seriously so much rain... somethimes I just don't underdstand how much water can fall from the sky...but on the plus side, I got to unintentionally play in the rain! (: hahaha.

So I have been reading in 1 nephi again... I started over again cause I jst didn't like that I wasn't receiving any insites so i started over and I am so glad that I did. I read in 1nephi 8:12. I love it because the intrepretation of the tree of life is the love of god. And I love that lehi says that he was filled with exceedingly great joy... and it is so true of how you can feel as you allow the love of god to become part of you. It nourishes you, and can heal you, and give you strength. I am so blessed to be here and to have the chance to help others feel that love from god for them. To help them partake of the fruit of the tree. To be healed spiritually and physically as they apply the atonement. And also for myself to feel The love of God so abundantly in my life. To feel him hlep me on a daily bases. I could not do this with out him. 

I love you all, hgave a great week!\
Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young
 
 This is me in the CR. haha.



and two of the ward missionaries that went with us.


Um... bamboo taytay

 This is the Bamboo Bridge that I went to last P-Day, It was so cool... but it was creaking and breaking with each step...hahahah. but we made it. It was fun!




 meet our ward missionaries(: haha

 (: okay.... so my companion and i are weird...




family home evening



 halo halo, it is the best thing ever!!! This particular one is Kamote...which is like a potato, and mango, corn, ice, sugar, jello, condensed milk...and i think that it is. oh and coconut. it is sooooo gooooodddd!!!!!


and my dirty feet. (: haha everyone has dirty feet but mine are so white that you can really see the dirt so everyone laughs! :)

 

crazy girls(:



Baptism ni Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment