Sunday, February 16, 2014

Okay...

Sorry this is such a late email! But, we just had a sister-district activity!!! there were 4 companionships that went to the top of the mountain, Patag, and went to the water falls! It was such a hard workout, and literally through the jungle, but I am so happy that we did it. It was such a stress relief. (:










So... this is just some of my adventures today. It was so amazing!!!!!!!!



Yup, I hiked in rubber shoes with  holes in the bottom. it was quite the adventure!




the man is Bishop of West ward.. he is 70.. and not even out of breathe! we were all dying! hahah



The jeepney kinda had a breakdown... scary!!!!!!

tanan Kita!!!
So, last week was a hard week, and this week was too. I don't really know how to handle it. Okay, I do... its the atonement, its just the whole being patient part that is hard. We had again no investigators at church. We have no progressing investigators... The family that I told you about last week... well now Brother wont even come out of his house. It is just so.... SAD. 

Valentines day was fun. It was weekly planning, so my companion and I ordered pizza! It was good and then I got some mail. From grandma brewer. Thanks for all the cat pictures. and My companion really enjoyed the cookie you sent! And I got some letters from aunt chris! Thank you all so much! I really appreciate them. (:
It was soooo good.... and then the ants got into it.... ):


I thought I could conqure the world on Valentines day, and then I got all trunky as night came. Thats when all the cute little couples come out of hiding. But you know what? I just closed my eyes. haha. and we just kept teaching and walking. 

One of our recent converts, they live in this little cement square house that is not even big enough for a car.. anyways we were teaching then when all of a sudden their son started peeing on us. I was totally grossed out. And then the little girl peed in our shoes. Haha. Yeah. adventures!

I got told that I was not 19.. that i was 100 cause I'm so fat by a crazy little girl, and then the next time we went and taught her mom she told me I looked like a white flower. It made me a little less self conscience. haha

We were walking down the street and this little girl came up to us and asked us to teach her, and then she took us to her family. They were peeling kamote, which is like potatoe. So I just took the giant knife from the mom and I picked up a kamote and then started peeling. She did this squeal thing, and I just said, OKay lang sister, ako na lang! haha It was so cool to be able to serve them WHILE we taught them about the gospel. 

Lately, well like my whole mission I have been just so fascinated by the book of mormon and the power it has. I found this cool quote...

"...No member of this chruch can stand approved in the presence of God who has not seriously and carefully read the Book of Mormon..." -Joseph Fielding Smith.

And this one too...

"Members of the church everywhere should know the Book of Mormon better than any other book. not only should we know what history and faith promoting stories it contains, but we should understand its teachings...
"I have noted with in the Church the difference in disct\ernment, in insight, conviction and spirit between those who know and love the Book of Mormon and those who do not. That book is a great Sifter." - Ezra taft Benson.

The last sentence of President Bensons quote stuck out to me... let me see if I can make this make any sense.

When I read it I immediately thought of the 2 scriptures in the book of mormon that use the word "sift" Random I know... but the only time it used that word is when it is talking about satan sifting us as chaphed. or something that I cant spell... here are the referrences. Alma 37;15 and 3nephi 18;18

Anyways, so I was thinking. If we don't read the book of mormon and do it prayerfully we are allowing ourselves to be sifted by satan.... and I don't know about you but that does not sound fun. Infact... Yeah, just no. So... let us all read the book of mormon... cause I don't think it will feel very good to us to be sifted. I challenge all of you. Start with the Pauna. haha. The INTRODUCTION, not Pauna... that is Hiligaynon. and then read the witnesses and the testimony of Joseph smith... and then just start. Pray before you start and after you finish. Ask God if it is true and what you need to learn from it. 

It is amazing what will happen to you. I promise. Please do it. 


I love you all and I just pray for you alls so much and every day. 

Love Your sister missionary,
Sister young
 
Family home evening!!!
 

Seriously, i am obsessed I just can't get over it.

 
For Eliza: This is a snail... I named him fred. And I took these photos just for you


No comments:

Post a Comment