Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week 4 - Struggles

Well, I knew that this point was going to come... and I'm sure many more times like this await me, but Dang-it!

This week has been really hard. I got sick on Wednesday. A stomach thing at first and then it just escalated. I have no energy, and I just want to sleep... but when I lay down, I can't sleep. Its so hard. 

We also had no investigators at church this week.

Then, One of the sisters that I am really close to is going home early today. I love her so much and to think that she is leaving is so heart breaking. She is really sick though, and there is no medical help for her here. I will miss her so much! She has really become someone that I have grown to love and look up to. 

The past couple of weeks all thats been on my mind, mostly in my free time(:, has been my education. Its so weird, all these "revelations" and such are coming to me. I like it so much, but at the same time it is kinda stressing me out because I can't do anything about it right now. Ya know? 

On a positive note, though, We had companionship exchanges this week! I had a Philippina companion. ALL she spoke was Ilonggo... I thought I was going to die. And becauuse we were in MY area, I had to lead the Area and the lessons. It was really hard! But I'm glad I got the opportunity! I needed it.

We have a facebook page! (: Its called Tangub missionaries or something like that. Its cool. You should add us. I can't talk to you, but we will post pictures and stuff(:
On tuesday, we had philippino mexican food. It was good... kinda... haha I actually ate a tortilla though!! It was soooooo yummy!!!!!

Brother Noynoy is progressing really well though. Both spiritually and Physically! Its so great to see the power of the Priesthood and the Power of Faith!

Today in Personal study I found a passage of scriptures that I think is a Beautiful description of the horrible things that Christ went through for all of us. Mosiah 14:5-9. I especially like verse 5. but actually that whole chapeter is good. Read it, and ponder it. 

Family, loved ones, everyone else. I just want to tell you how much I love the Lord and the personal sacrifice he went through for us. What a stellar example that we have. In Preach my Gospel it says that the more one learns of the Atonement of Jesus Christ the more he will want to preach and share it. It is so true!

I am so thankful for temples! Here in the philippines there are two temples and they are between 8-15 hours away by plane and boat and bus. We are so blessed to live so close to a temple and to be able to have the means of going there even once a month. TAKE THE OPPORTYUNITY and go! Do it for the people here. Do it for me. Do it for YOU and our Savior.

I love you all, and I am praying for your safety and protection. I miss you all too! I can't believe that My weldon is already in 2nd grade!! and that Riggin is such a wriggly butt! 

Palangga ta kamo! Nahidlaw ta kamo! (:

Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment