Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 3 :) - Miracles Happen












This week has been so rewarding(:

I'm going to start with the best first because it is just so wonderful.

We have been teaching an old man, Brother Noynoy, he lives with his daughter and their 6 kids who are all members- but all not active. He, however, is not a member and can't do anything because his legs are paralized, and have been for the past 3 years. We visited him the first week that we were here and he seemed pretty not intrested. But, we asked if we could come back and teach him, and he agreed. So our first real lesson with him was last Sunday. All during the lesson I kept getting promptings from the spirit to nudge my comp and have her ask him if he wanted a blessing... I didn't do it, but as we were talking about his wife and that he could see her again, we committed him to baptisim. I kept feeling like he needed a blessing but I ignored it. We closed the lesson and we set a return appointment and we got about 20 feet from his house and I stopped and told Sister Wallace. He needs a blessing, and he needs one now, she said she was getting the same feeling! So we immediately texted the Elders, that work in our area, to come administer to him. About 40 minutes later they show up. In the Elders blessing he said that according to the faith of Brother Noynoy he would regain strength in his legs and the disease would be lost. Brother Noynoy was a little skeptical, I think. But when we returned on tuesday and asked him about it, he was able to move his feet a little. when we first met him, he couldn't even do that. On thrusday we asked him about his progress, and he wriggled his feet again, but he still didn't really put forth effort. I shared a scriputre in Alma 32; 27 or 28 about experimenting on faith.... then when we got there on saturday, we asked him if he wanted to walk before we started or after.. of course he said after. we were teaching about the plan of salvation the first 3 principles. At the end and I was supposed to bear my testimony, I got the impression to share Ether 12:27 with him. I told him that Sister wallace and I have the faith that you can be healed and walked, but our faith wont bring forth miracles, that it was all up to him and that he could do it, and we knew it! we closed the lesson and then stood up and told him to stand up. he pointed for his walker, and sister wallace said no. We each took him by the hand and as we were standing there next to him I could feel the strength flood into his legs as he stood. I didn't help him and sister wallace didn't either, we were just there incase he fell. he started to scoot his feet  but after scooting them about 3 times he took his first step. THE FIRST STEP HE HAS TAKEN IN THREE YEARS!! I was speechless. He walked 10 feet or more and then returned to his chair. His grandkids were just staring with thieir mouths wide open. they couldn't believe it. one of them was crying and Brother Noynoy leaned over and with tears streaming down his face said "its okay, your grandpa can walk!" He shook our hands and thanked us. We told him that It wasn't us that it was Heavenly Father, and his faith. I still get goose bumps with I think about it or talk about it and it brings tears to my eyes. I witnessed a miracle. A true Miracle. A man with PARALIZED legs walked. And I was there. This gospel blesses families! IT blesses lives!

Yesterday I had my first baptisim! Brother Robertino, he is 49, got baptized and comfirmed a member of the church. I'm not counting it as my first convert baptixim though, because we didnat actually find him, we just continued to teach him... but it was still just as cool! 

So, haha, this is funny. We were waalking down the street and this little boy was walking backwards and almost ran into me and when he turned around he gasped and then staggered backwards... hahah and just stared. It was sooooo funny. apparently i'm still too white, and I stick out just a little too much still. (:

I also tried my first Buko Shake! I loved it! Buko is Coconut. And if you know anything about me, you know that I LOVE coconut!! So we went back like three days in a row to get one. haha, yeah, i'm kinda a little addicted. (:

A few nights ago, the sisters that we live with were outside doing laundry and my comp and i were planning, and all of a sudden we started to hear screaming and all sorts of banging... so we went out there and there was a snake... and Sister Shakespear had the mop and was trying to hit it... haha so then I tried to get it... and then I hit it and it moved and we all started screaming. I was just trying to be brave.... ad the snake got the best of me... so I decided to get back at it. I ran inside and got the permetherin. and I soaked the snake!!@ haha I hope it burned its skin! lol. Then I sprayed the hole that It came out of... and anoter snake that was bigger came out!!! AAAAAAAAAJJHHHHHHHHHHH haha so I squirted it with permetherin(: hahahahhaha take that nasty snake that slithers!(: Basically, I won that round!

Thats about all the cool things that happened this week that I can remember. (: I love it! I love having the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father, and to make him proud! I love being able to pour out my spirit and dedicate my time to him... all the time! Yes, I get a little home sick, and i miss milk and tortillas on a daily basis... but its okay, because i'm having the time of my life! This mission has blessed my life, and its only been 2 months!!! I can't wait to see what lies in store ahead of me(:

I love you all, you all mean so much to me. I hope you are all continuing on the path to eternal life, and striving to become more like Christ Everyday, just as I am. And believe me you, I have a long ways to go. But Anything is possible through Christ. 

Love, your sister missionary,

Sister Young

 

No comments:

Post a Comment