Sunday, October 12, 2014

My little moment of discovery

I am writing this especially for my family. Because it is so very sacred, and personal. I want to share with you an experience that happened to me this morning before we started our studies.

As you all know, today is Preparation day. This means that we have to wash our clothes, shop, clean, study, prepare for the whole week. We don’t have much time to do it all so I usually start by waking up and doing my laundry. While I washing my clothes I usually think about random things… like what we will do this week, where we will eat today, old memories.. but today my thoughts were turned to the savior as I sat there in my silent time washing my garments.
Garments, as we all know, are white and need to remain white. But… I live and proselyte in the Philippines. So inevitably there are dirt in them, rain water stains, and just really dirty. So as I sat there and tried to get them white, even with the soap, I just couldn’t do it. I scrubbed and squeezed… I was so determined to get my garments white and not have to go get the zonrox.  But to no success, my garments were still not as white, and still a little brown from the dirt and rain water… I finally decided to get the zonrox, after I put just a little dab on seconds later they were white.
This is just like the Atonement. We are like garments, we make mistakes, we are dirty, we have stains. We MUST do everything in our power to become clean, for example go to church, read the scriptures, keep the commandments, pray, and after all that we do. The atonement makes up the difference.
We cannot become clean on our own. We need divine help. But only after ALL WE CAN DO.
I am so thankful for Christ and his infinite atonement for me because he loves me and wants me to return to him and the Father.
As I was thinking about his relationship with me as Elder brother… I thought of my earthly elder brother. Dustin. I never had a chance to meet him in this life, but I imagine that if he were here he would be something like the savior. Protective, loving, caring, compassionate, obedient, and willing to take the punishment for his little sister.
Then I thought about my little brother Weldon. I thought about the time that mom was prego with him how resentful I was. I didn’t want another baby… I wanted to be the baby forever. I remember when I had to go to the hospital, I didn’t want to go. And then when I got there mom told me to hold this little bomb that I thought ruined my world… I was hesitant. But I remember as I had this little home wrecker in my arms, and I looked into his little face, a wave of love washed over me. And ever since then, he has been such a great joy in my life. He makes me laugh when he laughs, I cry when he cries, I hurt when he hurts… I want to always just protect him, I want to do everything I can for him so he will have a good life… and then I thought about the way he sees me. I remember when I was almost ready to leave on my mission.. him and I went to the store and he just had to tell everyone that his sister was going on a mission to the Philippines.. and he was going to to when he got older. I remember he wanted to wear fingernail polish, because I did. He wants to do the same things as me.
This relationship is the same, or should be the same between us and the savior. The savoir loves us more than anyone else. He weeps when we weep, hurts when we hurt, rejoices when we rejoice, and laughs when we laugh. He wants to protect us. He Even took the punishment of sin upon  Himself so we could have a good life.
Now our relationship with him, is much like weldons relationship with me. We should look up to him and want to be like him. Do the things he did. Follow in his footsteps.

As we use the atonement we become more like the savior. Our relationship becomes stronger, and we really get to KNOW the savior.

Kabalo ako gid nga ini tanan matuod. Sa sagrado nga ngalan ni JesuCristo, Amen.


I love you. I hope this makes sense... (: love, sister young

No comments:

Post a Comment