Sunday, October 12, 2014

a mile-stone


A new place, a new fun time




Goodbye silay... hello to the beatuiful beaches of sipalay!(:












My last days in silay...(: Bitter sweet








 

 

My house, and some coconuts(;

 Remember how scared of my house I was? yeah... this is why.  but Its okay now, I just pray everynight that the spider that is the size of my hand wont sleep with me(:








Playing at the Beach (:


 Jump Shots (:

Chrisitan - Our baptism (:
  Sipalay!

A giant spider in my house... a flood after a big rain cause of a typhoon this last week, and us in a boat crossing to the other island!




liwat.



My dear family,

I've hit a mile-stone in my life, which i never with to forget. A mile-stone that i never knew existed, but one that is so very sweet. 

My dear family, friends, and whom ever else may be reading this, the Church of Jesus Christ of letter-day saints is the only true church on the face of this earth. It is led by our living Prophen, Thomas S. Monson who is directed by the Lord himself. He is a man of God. His councellors and the other leaders of our church have also been called of God to help him carry out his goapel here on the earth. they serve not only the Lord, but us too. I've never doubted this, but it has been made very clear to me this past weekend.

THis past weekent I had the priviledge to watch general conference. what a beautiful opportunity it was. I felt the spirit, I learned from the spirit, I was chastized by the spirit, and through the power of the spirit, i have felt the great love of heavenly father.

I don't kow how anyone could watch conference and not feel the love of our father ... with all the glorious news of temples dedicated, re-dedicated, soon to be dedicated, and ground breakings..the member ship of the church reaching over 15 million, and the lords young army reaching over 88 thousand... 

We heard the simple but moving testimonies of our prophets, apostles, and other leaders. we heart their councils, not to repremand us, but to help us to beocome better... I testify to what the Prophet said in his opening remards on saturday morning,... everyone that spoke truely sought heavens help.

One theme I picked out waht our need to receive PERSONAL REVELATION. Our testimony cannot grow if we do not seek personal revelation. if we have no testimony,  we cannot be converted if we have no  conversion, we fall away. waay pulos. 

President Uchtdorf said that our personal testimony is the most important thing we can gain in this life. i stand behind him in this. this takes work on out part. it is not a one time experience... it is experience upon experience, study anger study, prayer upon prayer.

Before my mission i believed the church was true, but is wan't ntil now... after having my faith tried, been rejected and persecuted by investigators, having notheing to stand on but my testimony that i know it is true. that every fiver of my body knows that it is true. and i know this because i have had to study , pray, and pnder and seek and apply to my life this gospel. it is hard work, it requiers change, humility, chastizement, but the reward is sweet. 

In 2nephi 28:30 we learn that knowledge comes "line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little", My conviction is strong, and yours may be toom, but we cannot stop here. as we contunue to desire the spirit, desire spiritual knowledge and work towards it, out understanding expands , our sincerity grows, darkness is replaced with light. our channel of person revelation gets more clear!

Receiving revelation is different for everyone, but we are all entitled to it. recently i've been on a soul searching quest, you may call it, to find out how I receive person revelation, and how I can help other recognize when they receive it too. I can't say I got it down...casuse i'm still figuring it out... but I am more and more convinced that if we really understood the ability we hae of sons and daughters of god, we would try lots harder to be more faithful.

also, anyone can receive revelation, not just members of the church. as missionaries we do something called...HTBT. where we set down our expectations to our investigators on a firtst visit. one thing that i have been saying laely is basically we expect you to receive revelation for yourself if our message is true through prayer, and study. that really grabs their attention!

It is so vital for my investigators to receive that confirmation by the spirit instead of just believing on my words. i'veseen the difference between my recent converts who have ad have not. .. most of the time, for anyone, it is the difference of being active or inaciteve in the church.

this brings us back to prayer. it is though our prayers that we talk with our father in heaven. Brother Callister gave an example of his mother and how important it is to teach the POWER of prayer not the ROUTINE of prayer. I have been guilty of this...but, once we realize our realationship with the Father, praying becomes natural and powerful, not awkward, hard or just a routine.

I testify that prayer is power! Prayer... those sacred times throughout my day that I am blessed with to speak to our Father in heaven haev givin me strength. have lifted me up in thimes of need, comforted me. With out that... well...i'd probably not be writing this to you from the Philippines. Prayer is everything. Continue praying, continue developing your relationship with Heavenly Father. He is eagerly waiting to hear yur voice, he is anziously waithing to speak to you...to give you those things that you desperately need!

I have indeed been spiritually fed this weekend. I have had my questions answered. my testimony of the savior has been strengthened. my priorities have been fixed and corrected.

I know god lives. I know and testify that this church is the church of JESUS CHRIST. they love us, as does the prophet and apostles.

I testify as we whole-heartedly continue in our faithfulness, we will not need to worry about being preared... but we must start now.

I love you all. Have a great week!

Love, your sister missionary,
Sister YOung

No comments:

Post a Comment