Sunday, August 17, 2014

FAMILY


What a one fun week this one was! We had a baptism of a Part member/ less active named Estephen. It was so rewarding to see his progress. At first he was so SHY that he would not even come out of the room while we would teach his brother, who is also a new convert, and eventually he started coming into the lessons and we extended a baptism date, and it was like pie from there! And in the process, his mom returned to activity in the church. I remember her bore her testimony and it was so simple and sweet that now her kids are members. Now we just have to work on the Husband. I have faith that all will work out for their family to eventually be sealed in the temple. 
 
I am so blessed to be here on a mission. I have been reminded so much of the love that the lord has for me. Through my investigators, members, and especially my companions. Ilabina gid Si Sister Menguito. I think I have mentioned how amazing she is, but I can' t believe that the Lord would bless me with such an amazing Best Friend in the Mission. I have loved all of my companions...but there have only been a couple that I can say that we are more than just missionary companions, and sister Menguito is one of them. You know that "secret language" that you and your best friend have that you don't even have to say anything and you know what you mean.. That is me and her. And becasue of that we have such great success in helping people find the truthfulness of the gospel. 

She has a killer testimony of the Church. She is a killer teacher, She may only be 6 months on her mission, but she is so amazing. She connects with everyone and you know that she loves being a missionary. Even on the hard days.. 

She is so hard working, and we laugh all the time. I don't think 5 minutes go by that we don't laugh. She is just the best. I am so so so thankful that I have a compnaion like her. I love her so much. I didn't know that I could love my companions so much. I will never forget about her. 

My heart has grown so much in love and in testimony of the gospel becasue of her. I will be forever grateful for her. 

This week we accomplished a lot for the Lord. WE still have so much work to do, because we know he is not satisfied.. but we can do it. I know I didn't really write much about my week and what we did. but I just felt like you needed to know how much amazing my compnaion is. How much I am changeing because of her and her faithful service to the Lord. 

I love you, have a great week!
Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young




 My gwapa companion and I(: I hope you all get to meet her one day. she is the bomb.
 So, I had to do laundry.. and had no time... so one time an elder told me that he just stomps on his clothes then hangs them up.. so ... I did it! haha it was fun. And my clothes.. well, at least they smell good(:


 This week we had another great baptism! And his mom who is in the picture just returned back to activity in the church. What great blessings! I loVe it!

Look how gross the water is, and yet it doesn't bother them. THey know that this is a sacred ordinance they have to do to receive the kingdom of god.



No comments:

Post a Comment