Sunday, January 5, 2014

The real Letter (:

Happy new year!!! I hope you all had a safe and joyful holiday season! We had a really slow week... due to the fact that we had to stay inside a lot of the time, and people are really drunk and scary... But On December 31 my companion and I had some good companionship bonding time! We finished our studying and then started to have a movie marathon! Not real movies... of course, but we watched the District! Haha, it was the best. And the district, is just a movie clips about how to be a more effective missionary. It was such a blast! (:
So, last monday we had a family home evening with the Nang family and we invited one of our investigators. Her name is Gina. When we went to go to her house to walk with her, she was hiding from us.... But she eventually came out and we all went to the FHE. The Nang family always have the best FHE's. THey have a bunch of kids and they are just all so happy and the spirit was just so strong! It was great. Afterwards we were walking Gina home and I asked her how it was? And she said that she loved it and that she wasn't afraid of coming to chruch now because she had such a good time there meeting members! It was amazing.
Then we went to her house on january 1 and taught her and her husband about the plan of salvation. She was so happy that her husband was there and he was participating in the lesson. Then we asked them if they would BOTH come to church... they said yes. ON saturday we went back and just shared a little song and message and reminded her that chruch was the next day, and she said that if it wansn't raining then she would go.
Then sunday came.... It was raining. I was so sad, and I just knew that she wasn't going to come. But we went outside and waited for her anyways. Then right before I was about to give up hope, around the corner came Gina, AND her neighbor, who is one of our investigators that we havent been able to teach in 2 weeks.... I was so great! They came in and sat down, and the spirit was so strong. It was testimony meeting. Afterwards I asked how they liked it. and Gina said that is was the same feeling she felt at the Nangs house. It was amazing.
It is so true that when members get involved everything goes more smoothly. and friendships are made, and everything is just so much better!
So we started teaching English Class at the church as a way to get new investigators. I felt right at home when I got infront of that chalk board and started teaching a whole class.... My companion was really overwhelmed and frustrated, I could tell. So I just took over, and it went so smoothly. There was this one lady there, she is in our ward. Later, after the class, Brother Pastorillio was talking to us and told us that she had taken an hour off work to come to our english class so she could learn how to understand english so that when they read in relief socety that she can understand. How sweet. It was so amazing to hear that. That gives me the motivation to really make english class good!



Lately, I have been seeing so many miracles from people keeping one of the most hard commandments that Heavenly father has given us... ANd that is Tithing.
One of our RC's, she didn't have any light in her house, and never had enough food for her 10+ children.... 2 or 3 sundays ago she came up to me and put money in my hand... and said "tithing." I then took her by the hand and helped her fill out her tithing slip and she gave it to bishop. Then all sorts of miracles started happening to her. She had a wonderful christmas. She has been able to feed her whole family 3 full meals a day... and she had a real light bulb in her house now. and it works. SHe isn't having to use candles all the time now.
Then after church, we were walking down the hall and we saw another one of our RC's for the first time fill out and pay his tithing. His name is Eshmael. he is really really poor, and he hardly comes to church ever... but today he did, and today he paid his tithing. Then my companion and I went into a little room to eat our lunch, and he came through the door with the biggest smile on his face with a little bag of random goods(toilet paper, tooth brush, a friut, rice,) that bishop had given him as he handed him his tithing. He was so touched and happy that someone would do that for him... but really it is because he paid his tithing.
If you pay your tithing, you will be okay! I promise you. You will be given more that what you actually paid in tithing. Seriously. I was not the best at paying my tithing when I was working and in america... expecially when i went off to college in prescott... I was scared that I wouldn''t have money to pay bills or what not and I was tempted and sometimes gave in to the temptation to not pay my tithing. ... I regret it so much. I made Heavenly Father withhold blessing for me.... That was dumb.
Even though this week was long... I had some good experiences. (:
One of the funniest things happened yesterday after church. we had our meeting after chruch and then went to work. We were in BRGY 27 and were going to teach Melonie, but she wasn't feeling well.. so we were talking with the people that were outside her house... there is one of those water well pump things... and Sister Solomon, an investigator, was doing laundry. ANd another investigator was just standing our there. So then we asked if we could help and Sister Solomon said NO. But she walked away and I started to take my bag off and set it on the ground... Yolanda, the other investigator just stared at me with big eyes and started pointing... and then I set my books on the ground. and dipped my hands into the wash bucket and picked up somthing and started to wash it. Yolanda was cackling so loud and then sister solomon came around the corner and kept saying NO NO NO. ahhaa. But then Sister MOser got her hands in there too and grabbed a clothings. haha SIster Solomon was going nuts, and then the whole neighbor hood was watching and laughing. It was funny, and now I think (: that we have built a relationship with the people because they know that we are actual people and not barbies... (: haha. It was so funny i wish you could've been there.
I still think about it and laugh! (:
I hope you all had a wonderful week! And I would like to wish Grandma Cc a happy birthday today. (: (actually yesterday for me, but to day for you cause i'm in the future) and happy belated birthday to Dewayne and Cody! Save me come cake!
Alright, I love you all,
Love, Your sister Missionary,
Sister Young
P.s. Read alma 34 (: love you!






Just to let you all see how cool my mission scriptures are now. I got them clayed.. They look so cool!!!







This is Emelita (RC) and 3 of her children that are baptized now!!!  Yay! Merry Christmas!







New years food from a member(: yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment