Sunday, December 15, 2013

Tis the season..











Hello everyone!
This week has been a little bit of amazing. (: We had an amazing Zone training from our Sister training leaders, and the Zone leaders. It was one of those meetings that the spirit was chastizing you, and you have so much to repent for and do better, but you come out feeling edified! It was amazing. I am always excited to repent and do better! That is the miracle of repentance, it isn't a BAD thing. Repentance is a good thing and you feel so much better afterwards! Try it(: haha
So, on saturday, we had a baptism. It was so.... wow. Let me just explain a little. A couple of weeks ago a less active from Binalbagan came to church and said she was less active and that she wants to be active again and that she just moved here. AWESOME, right? She and her family are converts of like 4 years or something. She has a 10 year old son, Jason, that we started to teach. At the first lesson Rhea told us that her husband had died a couple years ago, and how it was so hard for her to raise 5 boys... I can't even imagine. So, as a result of that, Jason is really really quiet. But he can pray so good, and every night he reads his scriptures.
It was hard to teach him though, because he was so quiet. I was beginning to think that he wasn't ready, but I went ahead and scheduled the interview with the district leader... he passed! I was so happy. This little boy is sooooo smart! Then, he was baptized.

He looked so adorable in his little white jumper, he looked so familiar! As we took pictures I was observing him and how he acted with his family, he was so happy and then all of a sudden he would get really sad. He would have no smile on his face. I was really worried about him.
After the actual ordinance, they always bear their testimonies. There were two baptizies. One from the other sisters and then Jason. Peachy anne went first, and she bore a good 15yer old testimony. And then when it was Jasons turn, we were all expecting a little 10 yr old testimony, but he blew us away with his grown man testiomny.
He started out like normal, telling us the simple truths that he believed to be true. And then It turned personal...he started tearing up, and He thanked me and Sister Moser for teaching him, and how happy he was. And then he burst into tears and told us that he is so sad cause his daddy wasn't there to baptize him, and how much he missed him. Everyone started crying... even my companion and she couldn't understand. It was moving. and powerful.
I was crying so much, the spirit was so strong and my heart was breaking as he was standing here talking. Then it hit me why he was so.... distant all the time. Of course he wants to be baptized... but he was so confused and torn because he wanted his dad to be there. I couldn't help but to think that it isn't fair. How is it fair that this family full of boys, especially this sweet little Jason, that their dad has to die... and leave them. Leave them with nothing. They barely have enough money to buy rice, that BARELY makes their stomachs not hurt so bad from hunger.
I so badly want to just take all of thier trials and problems from them and take them upon myself, and give them all the happiness and joy that I have ever had in my life. All the things that I hvae I just want to give to them.... But, I realized, that they have their priorities straight. They are first seeking the word of god, or the kingdom of god. And the material things come far latter.

I think one of the reasons that this baptism was so special for me is because it reminded me of my little brother, Weldon. Jason and weldon have such similarities. It is crazy. They are both super skinny and they have the same-ish teeth, and dorky ears... So when I saw Jason in his little white jumper, I started tearing up. I was just thinking of how proud I was of him. And how proud I will be of Weldon when next July he will be wearing that same little jumper. I was thinking of how sad I am because I will be missing my little brothers baptism,... but it should not be postponed. I will be there in spirit. I was thinking of the happiness that I felt at my baptism, and how these two speical boys will feel, Jason and Weldon. I wonder what kind of testimony Weldon will bear at his testimony, after his Dad will baptize him....
A huge wave of homesickness came over me. Probably a combination of christmas being right around the corner and then thinking of my little brother. I prayed that I would be okay, and slowly my homesickness is going away.
I have really thought about how important my family is to me this week, and this baptism just sealed the deal. I want all of you to know... that I love you so much. And that I pray for each of you everyday. I pray for your safety, your health, your desire to find the truth, your courage to act upon that desire. I want to see all of you in the Celestial Kingdom. What a joy it will be if we are all in the celestial kingdom and then you all get to meet my extended Filippino family there. THink about that. I know it is like impossible for you to meet them in this life, cause that just wont happen. But I want you to meet them. I want you to meet the brothers and sisters and friends that I Promised in the premortal existance that I would find and save. I want you all to meet them, and you can only do that if you get to the Celestial Kingdom.
This Gospel is true. The work that I do everyday is inspired. These people are my family. I pray for them just as much if not more than I pray for you. I love them, and I love you.
Merry Christmas and I can't wait to see my american family next week! Remember to bring a happy spirit(:

I love you,
Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young

P.s. the picture of Jason where he is smiling so big... doesn't he look like a precious son of a living God? I love that Picture!
P.s.s. We met a lady on the street, and she took us to her house... she is a seamstress. haha and mom, if you lived here, i would imagine that your house and her house would look the same. material all over, and a sewing machine right in the middle! haha(:

No comments:

Post a Comment