Sunday, January 26, 2014

"All the Mormons know Ilonggo"

Hi family! another week has come and gone. It is crazy how fast this week was... I can't believe it! It was just like yesterday I was emailing you.....

Anyways... Some pretty awesome things happened this week, as well as some not pretty aweome things. Lets start with yesterday!

One of our Recent Converts that we taught last Monday about tithing and the blessings and stuff came up to me yesterday with her tithing slip and asked me if she had filled it out correctly. when I told her yes, she said, "I'd rather suffer for a moment than for eternity." what a strong mom of two little kids.... She is amazing, and I can't wait to see all the blessings she will receive through out this week! (: It made me cry. 

On Thursday my companion and I went out to one of our farther areas to teach Joemar who is getting baptized on Feb. 1... he is about 12 and is really excited. When we told him that his interview was on Saturday he paniced a little.. they are so poor and it is 44 pesos one way to the church.... and he looked down and then looked up at us with tears weling in his eyes and said he couldn't make it. It broke my heart. ANd then What happened next was even more heart breaking. While I was texting the district leader to figure things out he was asking his sister if it was okay that he didn't eat rice for the next couple of days so he could save the money to make it to his interview so he could get baptized.... I was so.... I don't know the word..sad? heart broken? humbled? 

We eventually got things worked out so it would be on sunday after chruch, so he was able to eat rice. Thank goodness... he already looks like he is 9... 

On saturday we went out to visit him again, and on our way back home we stopped at a veggie stand to buy some veggies and all the ladies were giggling and talking to each other, unaware that I was able to understand them. And then iN english they would say, "you so pretty." "you gots blue eyes." haha and then my compnaion said that I could understand/.. and they all looked at each other and one of them asked if I was a mormon... and I said yes. and then another one piped up and said "All the Mormons know Ilonggo!" haha it was a pretty funny experience. 

On saturday my companion and I were on our way home and behind our house there is a coconut tree...(: and I really wanted coconut milk, so I learned how to get a coconut!! (: 

You take this big stick and you poke at the coconut til it falls down on the ground... and then you take it and you try really hard to open it and then you have to be careful not to cut your finger or hand off... it was really fun! and I got coconut milk..fresh(: 

Sister Delos Santos and I were walking to an appointment yesterday after chruch and we passed a field...

"And I saw a pillar of light, exactly over the field.... and I did see 2 carabou, and the one spake unto me and said....'MOO-ve, I'm tilling my field.."

Hah

So this week I have been thinking a lot about my role as a missionary. And what my life would be like if I wasn't here... and this is what I have come up with for you all...

Doctrine and Covenants 18:10, 15-16

As A missionary it is my purpose and duty to bring others to Christ.  But, even if I didn't baptize one person here in the philippines I would still have accomplished my purpose. 

How?

Because MY SOUL counts, too.

Everyone can experience the joy that is spoken of in these verses by the Lord. Bring your soul unto Him and your joy shall be great! And through your example you can influence others to come unto Christ. 

Every member a missionary.... but sometimes it is hard to find an investigator.... so start with yourself!

I have to do this ever single day because I always make mistakes... But I know that if I am faithful...If I give everything I have to the Lord even myself, my sins, my everything, I will be able to receive his joy later on. 

I testify that these things are true. I know that if you  really want to have joy in this life and the life to come you have to prepare yourself now.  ALMA 34:32-41

How?
Alma 22:15-16, and D&C 18; 11-13

I love you all so much, but there are 2 people who are better than me... who have a perfect love for you... Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Because they love you perfectly they have created this perfect plan for you... and a way to accomplish it. Be prayerful and ask him to help you accomplish it. If you do this I know that we can all experience great joy together in the Celestial Ginharian. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 


Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment