Sunday, December 1, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS, is it really december?

Merry Christmas everyone! This week has been..... SO HARD!! President Lopez advised us not to tell you about our companionship trials, but to include faith promoting stories... but my faith promoting stories come from my companionship trials... haha so... just know that I am doing okay with what ever I say. (: I get through things with the Lords help(:
So we actually got some work done this week! I was so happy to go out in the hot sun and sweat my face off to preach the gospel. I hate being stuck inside the house when there are people that I know that need the message that I have to offer, even if it is in broken Hiligaynon. We didn't teach as many people as I wanted to, but thats okay.
I have been extremely lonely this week. My companion does not like to talk. Infact she told me that she Hates to talk to people... so, she hardly says anything other than "i don't know" or "okay"   It is so hard for me to not talk... you all know that. I love talking. haha. I feel bad too, cause I can't help her, I can't fulfill my responsibility of helping her if she wont talk to me.  It is so frustrating. But because she doesn't talk I have had a lot of time to study and to pray and to just think. And of course talk to myself. (: I've learned a lot about patience, and about hard work, and I have thought about what I want my future to be like. It is kinda a blessing and a curse.
I've decided that this is just one of the "trial of faith before you get anymore blessings" kind of a thing. Which while going through it it totally stinks, but, the end result is amazingly better than expected. I just have to endure it well.
Oh, how was thanksgiving? I hope you all ate a lot of good food... I totally forgot about thanksgiving. That day, we got punted so many times by our investigators... meaning that we hardly taught any lessons because people were busy or just not there or whatever. Then that was the night that my companion told me that she had made up her mind about going home... yeah, sad huh. So I just made this roman noodle stuff for my thanksgiving feast. yummy huh.
SO, this week I have been trying to talk to my companion and help her overcome this weakness of hers... if you all remember the struggles that I had at the beginning of my mission. She is kinda having the same problem. I talked to her, and I told her how I over came my depression and my trial and I told her that she could do it too through the atonement. Just like I did. But I don't think she believes me... she is going home, today or tomorrow. It is so sad. I know what she is going through though.... I know how hard it is, cause i've been there, but she just wont listen. She is splada, or stubborn. haha kinda like me too. (:

In some of my "awkward silence" time I was reading in mosiah. I love mosiah. And I came across the scripture that Saved my mission, that SAVED MY LIFE. Mosiah 7:33:
"But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage."
Or out of my trial, or hardship.
I was so excited to share it with her, but she would not listen to me. It was heart Breaking. I am so sad for her.
As I read that scripture though, I was reminded of how hard it was for me at first to put my full trust in the Lord. I didn't believe that something like that could happen, that I would be "deliver[ed] out of bondage". But you know what? The Lord NEVER forgets his promises. And he ALWAYS follows through with them.

I am so grateful that I was able to use the atonement to come out of the rut that I was in, I am so grateful that I was able to take that leap of faith and put all of my trust in the Lord. And I am so grateful that he kept his promise!
I am so blessed to be a servant of the Lord. To walk somewhat of the path that he walked, and to touch some of the lives that he would touch. I have a great responsibility to fill and you know.. I can only do it if I do it Through the savior. I can't do it on my own, Because I am just a little human being. I can only do the things I do by divine assistance from HIM.
For example:
The gift of Tongues... Yeah, that Is a real gift. Heavenly Father has blessed me with, but first I had to go through the Trial, the long days of studying. and I have to continue to study so I can master the language...

The gift of intrepretation... Thats a real gift too!
The gift of the Spirit
The Gift of Faith
Basically everything That I have as a missionary is a divine Gift from Him, made possible through The Savior.
Its amazing. I love it.
I have to go, but I love you all and I am trying so hard.

Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young

P.S. I'm training this transfer!! I'm really scared, but i'm kinda excited too. (: Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment