Sunday, October 13, 2013

It is so hot here

 Well, I'm glad that all you saw the pictures of when Sister Lopez, the mission presidents wife, worked with us! It was so much fun. She is a returned missionary and she has the sweetest personality. It was way amazing to see her in action though. She is sooooo great! It was good to get to know My "Mission Mom" better too. I can learn so much from her! And yes, ALL of the children or mga kabata-an know Sister Bitter and I and love us. It is way cute.

Later that night after sister Lopez left we went to an investigators house. They life ibabaw.. which is like... there isn't a word in english for it. It is like you crawl up these really steep scary steps to get to their house. And the wood is really rotted... anyways. We had just said the closing prayer and then my chair fell through the floor... IT WAS SO SCARY!!!!!! And I just kept appologising for breaking her house. 
We had a baptism this week. Brother Michael. He is going to be such a great member! He has so much fire in him. It is great! It was really sad though, he is the only member of his family, but it is okay cause he is so strong!!! I am so glad that I was able to help him come to know Jesus Christ and to take and make his first covenant. I am so Blessed!

We have another investigator that was progressing so well. I have grown to love her so much! She had her baptismal interview yesterday, but didn't pass... When I found out, I thought it was becuase we didn't teach her well enough, but it was really because a choice that she made when she was younger. I cannot describe the amount of sadness that I felt when She told me. I am so sad because she has had to live with that gyuilt for such a long time. I am so sad because she now cannot get baptized on the date that she was looking forward to so much. But I am so HAPPY that through the atonement of Jesus Christ she can be forgiven. I am so happy that She can finally rid herself of that guilt. I am so happy that she was honest with the lord and confessesd because she understands the principle behind being baptized worthily. She will get baptized in a couple of weeks i'm hoping. Don't worry, she is on the way to eternal life. (: I am so happy for her. Even though I am so sad.


So, General Conference was...... AMAZING!!!!!!! I didn't want it to end! It was so nice to feel like I was back in America even just a little bit! And to hear the Prophets voice. And to receive such great councils! wow! I LOVED it!!!!! I wish I could just watch it all over again... but I cant. But... I wish. 

It has been so hot here for this week. It has only rained 2 times. That is odd. I am so grateful that we havent had a brown out though(: hehe. 

The other night we came home and there was a GIANT spider!!! so I ran and got the permetherin and squirted it alot, and then we watched it burn(: hahah. take that nasty spider!





I love you all so much! and I hope that you are all doing well. (:

Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment