Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 110 of my mission

This week has been crazy!!
Last p-day, my companion and I went thrift shopping! you all know how much I love to thrift!! (: we found some old 70's dresses and we bought them and we wear them all the time. Everyone thinks they are cute.... they are kinda cute, but they are so comfortable too! I love them. I wore one to the baptasim that we had on saturday, so you can see one of them in my picture. My companion and I have so much fun, cause we both like to thrift shop(: THey are definately grandma dresses though, they all had shoulder pads that we cut out... yeah. they are groovy!
Then, haha, on Wednesday night at 11 pm... there was a brown out. So there was no electricity. we thought it would turn back on eventually, but it never did. and It was soooooo hot!!!!! you have no idea how hot it was. my companion and I finally in the middle of the night went out to the living room of our apartment and laid on the tile to try and cool off and get some sleep... but it was so hot. then we woke up and the power still wasn't on. And when the power isn't on we dont have water either... so... we used the rest of the water in the tank to fill up buckets and take bucket showers by candle light. the power had just turned back on by the time we got home that night at 8. it was seriously the worst. I am SOOO thankful for electricity. DOn't take it for granted. Electricity is so... awesome.
The other day we were out procelyting and teaching and then I got so sick! You know that feeling you get when you are going to throw up? and your body doesn't have any energy? yeah, thats what I felt liek and I was having hot and cold flashhes. luckily we were close to the chruch and bishop had just showed up and my companion asked him to give me a blessing. We went into his office and one of the councelors and the Ward Mission Leader gave me a priesthood blessing. It was so amazing how quickly it worked! During the prayer i was already feeling better and we were able to finish out our plans for that day. It was really funny hearing them try and prounounce my name though(: hahaha. "those letters are so hard to say when they are next to each other" thats what they said. And I kept thinking... but you speak ilonggo. haha. Just a little funny.
Lately, my companion, sister Bitter and I, have decided to take a new apporach to teaching our lessons. So for each principle we sing a song. So this week we focused on Prayer, or pagpangamuyo. We start the lesson by saying "we would like to sing a song to you, is that okay? sorry our voices are not good" and then we sing "a childs prayer" The spirit is there instantly and music just touches the hearts of these people! I can't tell you how effective it is! then after the song we let the spirit guide and we teach them to their needs that are about prayer. It is so powerful!!!! I wish we had started this earliesr!
We had a baptism this week! Her name is Sister Emelita. She is a single mother of 10. She is such a  special lady. We love her so much. She works so hard for her family and to provide for them. Her house is so humble. There is two rooms. the whole house is no bigger than My room at Grandpa and cc's. and the bed is just a wooden crate. They have no electricity. So we always teach her by candle light. But, she loves this gospel. She reads the book of mormon and the gospel principles book every night. She has such a strong testimony!! When she walked into the font the spirit was so strong and then when she came out of the water, she looked like an angel. It was so powerful! SHe is such a great example of what a dedicated member should be. I love her so much! We made here a cardboard scripture case for a gift. SHe is so special to me.
Family isn't important... its EVERYTHING. I am so thankful for my family. I love you all so much. I hope that I can see everyone of you in the celestial kingdom when we have all past on. (:
SO, are their any sister missionaries in camp verde yet? How is the work there? Tell me! haha.
So I have an assignment for all of you(: I hope you do it because it is amazing:
I want all of you to read 3nephi 8&9 and then write to me in an email or dear elder or by snail mail and tell me what you thought and what your impressions were. BEFORE I check my email next week. (:
This is where the Prophesies of Samuel the Lamanite of Christs death are fulfilled and when Christ speaks to the people in darkness. (: okay? can you all do that? I am counting on you!
Well that is all for this week. Actually, thats all that I can remember at the moment. I want you all to know that I know that this is the Lords work. And I am so blessed to be a part of it! To bring people to know the truth, to help them receive the gospel and the Blessings that Heavenly Father is just waiting so anxiously to give to them. This is the best thing ever! I hope you catch the wave.
Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment