Thursday, July 25, 2013

MY LAST P-DAY SA AMERICA

Well, Pamilya, This is it! I can't believe it! Not only am I a REAL missionary, But I'm really going to board a plane on monday at 11 am to go to my mission field. This is real.
 
These are my flight plans:
Jul 29- leave salt lake at 11:20 am
Jul 29- arrive in LA, Cali at 12:16 pm
 
Jul 29- Leave Cali at 1:10 pm
Jul30- arrive in Tokyo Japan at 4:25 pm
 
Jul 30- leave Tokto at 6:25pm
jul 30- arrive in manila at 9:55 pm
 
Then from there, I think we will stay and meet our president and then to Bacolod the following day.  Oh my gosh, I have so many mixed feelings about leaving, but most of them are good!  One thing that y'all should know though, it takes 4-6 weeks to get letter to the philippines, so start sending them now so I will feel your love!! (: at the end of this email I will include the addresses for over there. IF YOU HAVENT SENT A PACKAGE OR LETTER TO ME BY TODAY, DON'T DO IT. I WONT GET IT. JUST SEND IT TO THE PHILIPPINES. Okay? (: great! Also, our teacher told us that if you want to send a package to the philippines, get pictures of the catholic hail mary thing and put them all over the package, cause it will usually get through customs untouched.... so... just an FYI.
 
Also, if you want to DearElder me before I go, mom and dewayne, you have to do it by friday at noon, because we don't get them saturday or sunday and I won't be here monday. And for those of you who want to dearelder me in the philippines... I'm not sure if it will cost. I sure hope not. But it sould tell you on the website.
 
This week has been kinda crazy! We got our travel plans last friday and we have just been all excited!! I taught my first lesson this week without really struggling speaking my language. It was such a confidence boost! Both of our "investigators" have committed to baptism, and our other 2 other investigators... well we ahve only taught them once. 
I got to host the new missionaries yesterday! That means that when their family drops them off at the curbe we take them to get them checked in and everything. It was such a great experience becasue I didn't have that kind of experience, and I'm kinda glad because it was really hard for some, but It just made me realize how important families are! I love you all! every single person in my family. It is so..... UH indescrible.
And mga panimalay labing improtante sa Dios, kag sa ebanghelyo ni jessucristo, Kag sa akon!!! haha(: really though.
 
Sorry about last weeks email, I was in the laundry room and I could not focus AT ALL! Our companion Sister Malietoa got transfered to a different companionship that speaks her language. And now we are like best friends. (: I think Heavenly Father just wanted me to learn patience. and a lot of it!!
 
I finished the book of mormon yesterday! It only took me a month and 2 days to read it cover to cover. I cannot tell you how much I love that book. It seriously answered all my questions and took away all my doubts about going on a mission. Have you all read it yet? Please do it! at least once by the time I get home from my mission.
 
I've been playing alot of sand volleyball lately. I don't really like volleyball, but it is such a good way to just get out all the bad energy from my body and replace it with GOOD energy! (:
 
OH MY GOSH!!! Brendan got his mission call??!?!?!?!?!??! THAT MAKES ME SO OOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!! I will have to write him a letter and give him all the tips about the MTC. WOW, mexico?!? I so thought he was going to be called to the Philippines. But Wow, I can't believe it! Grandma Young has TWO missionaries out serving the Lord. How happy our whole family must be, both living and Dead. (: Missionary work is the best work. it really is!
 
You know, During the week I think of all these things that I want to say in my emails home... and then I forget once I get to the computer. Its so annoying! OH well.... thats why they are so scatterbrained most of the time. At the last Tuesday devotional that we went to this week, I sang in the chior. It was fun... but I like listening to the music more than actually having to sing. And I think that my singing voice has gotten a little better since ive been here becasue we are ALWAYS singing. haha, or not... I don't know.
 
This morning one of the sisters went and got her hair chopped off! 12 inches! she donated it, but she was kinda sad. She looks so cute though! and She will like it so much better short. and its still long enough to put in a pony tail...so...
 
I sent some pictures this morning! I hiope they all sent! (: they are kinda funny and awesome!!
 
Okay,  well, I better get going, my timeis almost up. I love you all and I will be safe during my travels... I get to pack today!(: yay.
 
I love you. I love you all. Palangga ta ka! palangga ta kamo!  I can't say it enough. I love you all. And I miss you....all.... But I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing(: I hope you all have a wonderful week, and keep me in the loop!
 
Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment