Sunday, December 7, 2014

My last week..

Okay, so reality just slapped me in the face and I'll be home next
week. NEXT WEEK. Can you believe that? I had a little talk/interview
with Sister Lopez. She just told me how much she has seen me grow and
change here during my time during my mission. She told me that I have
increased in my confidence that I am a daughter of a loving heavenly
father, my knowledge has grown, and my ability to use and apply the
gospel, specifically the atonement, has dramatically increased. She is
so kind.

This last week my companion and I had to give a training on Faith. It
changed my life. It changed our zone.

Just a little back ground about my companion and I... we are the best
of friends... but for some reason, companionship unity in our teaching
just isn't there... We don't know why, we have talked about it, and
tried so many things to overcome it... but we just I don't know.
Anyways, we might not have great companionship unity in teaching, but
we needed to be trainers together because we change lives together
when we do. Not just other peoples lives... but our own.

A good training is one where the trainer is edified. And that is
exactly what it was. I wish you were all there. I can't even explain
the power and spirit that was present. We just talked about faith, and
trials, and how the whole mission is just one great faith, that starts
with us. I want to relive that moment over and over.

As you know, there was another HUGE typhoon that came through... we
were on lock down starting Friday at 6pm until sunday morning at 7. I
remember last time how much I complained that I wanted it to be
worse... and this time, even though where we are at it didn't even so
much as drop a little drop of water out of the sky, I didn't complain.
I prayed. and I enjoyed the time with my compnaion. I don't know how
bad the damage was to anywhere else, but I pray that everyone is safe.

Well, I love you all. I hope you all got a chance to watch "the gift"
on christmas.mormon.org it is also on youtube.com if not, look it up,
and watch it. it changed my life.

Have a great week! See you all next week(:

Love, Your Sister Missionary,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment