Monday, November 10, 2014

Faith and miracles

Family!!!!!!!

So this week has been a great week! We worked hard and like I always say, the miracles are endless. Heavenly Father really has his hand in EVERYTHING. It never ceases to amaze me how little I do, and how much He really does. It is very humbling. 

My companion and I are doing great! she really helped me with the training we had to give last friday. I was so nervous... having to stand up and train a bunch of missionaries. But it ended up being so good!!! And even though I had left the paper of notes at my apartment, the spirit helped me. It was amazing. And it wasn't because I got to tell a bunch of missionaries about what they could be doing better, but because as I and my companion were training, I was also learning. That edification of the spirit is just indescribable. 

So because this week we will be in Bacolod for mga 4 days, we were stressed about how our investigators will progress with us not being here... so after church on sunday, we prayed and then we started spitting out ideas of how we can help them even if we wont be here. We decided, with the help of the spirit, to have a family home evening and invite all those boys.. you know the ones that all came to church, 

anyways, so we planned to get them all there and bring lots of the church magazines and have them make those "cut-out-the-picture-things-of-what-you-want-in-your-life" things... I don't know what those are called. SO we talked to president dela serna and his wife and asked anothermember if he could drive them.. but come monday... we hadent heard from anyone.... I didn't think much of it, but my compnaion came to me about 1 1/2 before and expressed her doubt. It was strange cause I hadn't thought much of it... i was just in lala land I guess. and I told her, everything will work out. then at 6 we walk to the place, and all the boys are all ready and in the truck! it was a miracles! 

So we went back to our house and grabbed all the stuff we needed, and grabbed some snacks, cause Filippino people can't live with out snacks, and went to the church. It was so much fun!!!! they were kinda confused at first, but we really wanted to know what they desired and we wanted them to SEE it. TO give them extra desire to be good. At the end we had them share why they put the pictures on the things, and it was so special. THey had pictures of people getting baptized, and said they wanted to be baptized in this church. and family in the temple and missionaries cause they want to be missionaries.

it was so special. then we walked home and it just felt so good. it was just great! 
If you just have faith, miracles happen. 

So, anyways, have a great week!

Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment