Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014!!!

I had a great Christmas! Even though it feels like it has been years since that skype call.... I needed it so much. I was really home sick before I got to talk to you all, and afterwards I was kinda homesick, but after about an hour I got over it. And I can move on now.
I can't tell you how much I love all of you. I was so happy to see you all and even if I didn't really get to hear your voices, I still loved to look at all of you! Sorry that I was crying. I don't usually do that.(:

Also on Christmas we went to the baptism of the elders because my companion played the piano and I got to see President Lopez baptize someone. It was such a cool experience! President Lopez is the man!

Then we went to our baptism. The other sisters in our ward had 2 get baptized and we had 3. So 5 total. It was such an amazing experience! Their mom was so happy when they got up and bore their testimonies! I was so proud of them, too. 

This week. aside from all the good things that happened... has been a really hard week. I have been chastised so many times buy pretty much everyone I know here. Not because i'm doing anything wrong, but that I'm just not doing things Good enough... and It is really painful. Especially when it comes from the closest person to me, my companion, and publicly. I've had to do a lot of humbling, repenting, praying for patience, praying for charity, and just enduring.  

I also want to testify that member present lessons rock! Seriously, we have had so many miracles happen to us while members are working with us.... like people accepting to be baptized because a member bore testimony that they know this is the true gospel... SO, I encourage you, to get ahold of the missionaries in your ward, and if you are married, work as a couple with them, if you are single work just as a single person. It is so helpful to us as missionaries. Seriously. Take just one hour a week and work with them.... or invite them and and investigator over for dinner or lunch. It is so amazing how much MORE work gets done if the members are involved!

Don't be scared either. just do it! 

So, the last two days the weather has been so strange! It is not raining... but its not dry... its like constantly misting all over the place, and it has been kinda chilly. Okay, lets get this straight, chilly for the philippines. For example... last night.. I got cold while I was sleeping, with the fan blowing full blast on me with no sheet to cover me up. It is like snow flurries, but with just water! It is actually really nice. Reminds me of christmas at home just a little bit.

So... I just want to tell you all that I love you. I could not be here without the support and courage and faith that you all have in me. Well, maybe I could, but it would be a whole more hard! I can feel your prayers for me daily, lifting me up. ANd I need them! SO don't stop! \

I am so thankful for this wonderful opportunity to serve the Lord. It is trying, and hard, but it makes me so happy even when I am really down. WHy? Because the gospel brings people up! it lifts their spirits, and makes them feel loved. 

I've been reading in Alma 23 and 24... I challenge you all to read these two chapters and ponder the things that the lamanites went through... Because I know that we can do that too... even as members we still have things that we can bury. (pride, selfish desires and wants, our bad attitude) I have to work on it every day... and the lord helps me. 

I love you.
Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young

p.s. hopefully I'll be able to send pictures next week. The computersho that we usually go to is closed today... (: lov eyou all

No comments:

Post a Comment