Sunday, November 3, 2013

(: This week has been amazing!

You know, I love when I get to wake up to a rainy cloudy morning!! (: it reminds me of home, just a little bit, until the humidity hits in. But at least it was slightly cooler this morning for like 5 minutes!!!(:
This week has been one amazing week of growing! So many things have strengthened my testimony and humbled me and made me grow. First, Here in the Philippines on November 1 it is "All saints day" so everyone goes to the grave yard and mourns and says prayers and stuff for their dead loved ones. And as Missionaries, we get to go procelyte to them, and tell them about the plan of salvation, pray for them and give them hope! We went on october 31, we met some great people that were painting the graves and preparing for the next day. Oh, and grave yards here are not anything like in america. THey are so different, I can't even explain, I will just have to tell you when I get home, remind me!
anyways! As we would walk through the maze of dead people, there was people coming up to us wanting to know why we were there, or wanting to know what we had to offer. It was hard for me at first. I was shy and I didn't really know how to go about introducing the plan of happiness for them. But as we started we just were able to talk and testify that they would see their loved ones again. that Life doesn't end when you die. It was such a great experience. Then the next day we went... it was a lot harder cause that is the main day and there were so many people... liek .... you could barely walk there were so many people. But we were still able to share. It was amazing to me how many Less Active member came up to us and told us that they were less active mormons and they wanted our help. I wish that you could experience it. cause I can't really explain it really well.
Then, On saturday, Elder Neil. L. Anderson, of the 12 came to our mission! With L. Whitney Clayton of the 70. We had a meeting with them. It was so amazing. It is so amazing that I am not going to share with you what was said or what I felt, but I have gained so much knowledge about how to better be a good member of this church, how I can be a better teacher, how I can enherit the kingdom of heaven. If you can imagine this just for a second..... we had 5 members of the 70 with us and an apostle of the lord, along with my Mission President and his wife, and 234 missionaries. If you can imagine that spirit.... it would knock you over. literally. I know it did me. 
Yesterday, on sunday, Elder L. Whitney Clayton came to our stake and spoke. I was so humbled to see how many people showed up. A bunch of less actives, a bunch of investigators, and even one of our OYM's(which is liek we just met someone on the street and got a return appointment) came and brought his family. Then I was even more humbled when Elder Clayton said that He wanted to shake everyone's hand and how people were not really Running, but tyhey were running to shake his hand. And then watching them cry as they were filled with the spirit. It was so humbling to me. In america, we kind of take those things for granted, no? but here, it is such a big deal. If everyone in america acted as if they acted, wow.  It just testified to me how the lord truely does call men to represent him. and how people are affected so deeply and spiritually. Most of the people could not even understand him because he spoke in english, but it didn't matter, because the language of the spirit is universal.
Earlier, like on tuesday, I got a package from Aunt Crystal!!! (I loved the Jelly beans and so did my companion and the elders that live across the street!)  But inside she put a talk that she had emailed to me quite some time ago that i never read, and put another copy for my companion. We read it as a companionship and it has changed our lives. not only our missionary lives but our future lives. I am so thankful that she did that. I had been praying for the knowledge that I was lacking so I could change, and it came, in a box full of jelly beans. (: Thank you. You answered my prayers, and you have made my companion and I stronger. We both felt impressed to give a copy to our mission President, so we did. We will see what he say....(: we also got in bound, like a book. Seriously, what a powerful talk. as we read it we could both feel the spirit so strong testifying to our hearts of the truthfulness of it. it was amazing. thank you.
On friday, or thrusday, or wednesday, I don't remember... we went to a referral and we were blown away!!! haha, not like that. We went into this house and Raffy is the dads name was telling us about his son who can sing so well. we didn't really believe him at first, and then he sang to us. Apparently they have him on youtube, look him up. It is Either Echo Claridad 7 years old... or angelico claridad 7 yeasrs old. I don't know. but listen to him! He is seriously amazing!
And on another not so spiritual note, my companion plucked My eyebrows... it hurt, but hey, I look better now(:
Okay, back to the spiritual stuff. (:
I've been impressed lately to be praying for you all to have missionary experiences. I don't know why, but I have been.. And I just want to tell you that you should not be afraid of them. If the Lord gives you an opportunity like that he will give you the words to say too, just listen. And remember every good thought comes from Him. (:
I love you family so much. I am so thankful for your love and support and prayers. And for your sacrifices. I can't imagine what I would be doing at home right now... there is so much I have to learn and Gain for my future family and there is only one place that I could learn all of them. and that Is here. In Bacolod. In the Philippines, all the way around the world. I am So blessed to be part of His army, to stand in His place, to say the things that He would say, and to do the things that He would do. It is amazing. THis work is true, The gospel is true. THe book of mormon is a book of truth. read it, ponder it, pray about it, live it, apply it, love it. as you do you will become strengthened just as I have. The words and the stories will come alive for you just like they have for me. It will bless your life.

I love you all!
Love, your sister missionary,
Sister Young(:

No comments:

Post a Comment